Don’t Be Fooled By Cheap Knockoffs
While imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, cheap knockoffs are an insult. Knockoffs may look similar, but there are distinct differences.
- Tempered versus Non-Tempered ~ Glass that is strengthened through the process of heating and then cooling the surface rapidly is known as Tempered Glass. This process creates surface comprehension and tensile strength that causes glass to resist breakage, yet disintegrate into small pieces if a break occurs.Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files are tempered and consistently test at 102% stronger than regular glass.
- Hardened versus Non-Hardened ~ During the last phase of production, Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files are hardened increasing their mechanical firmness.Genuine Crystal Glass Nail File are hardened making them more resistant to impact.
- Lead and Chemicals ~ Knock-off manufactures may add lead or other undesirable additives or use chemicals during their manufacturing process.Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files are environmentally safe, no lead or chemicals added or used in the manufacturing process.
- Etched Grit versus Bonded Grit ~ Epoxy is used to bond grit to the filing surface of cheaper files. The grit can wear off. The filing surface on Genuine Crystal Glass Nail files is acid-etched right into the file surface. The surface will never wear out or wear down. That is why Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files are guaranteed to never wear out or wear down.
- Float Glass Process versus Sheet Glass Process ~ Sheet Glass Process produces a lower quality glass produced using the Float Glass Process.Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files are produced using the Float Glass Process.
- Color ~ Knock-off colored files handles easily scratch. The color will come off when it come in contact with water. The color also fades Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files Handles have a matte finish that never wears off or fades.
- Thickness ~ Knock-off files are thicker. The Float Glass Process used to produce Genuine Crystal Glass Nail Files controls the thickness of the files. Like a fine wine glass, once you hold a Genuine Crystal Glass Nail File in your hand, you know the difference.